bogofilter now has tdb support

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Wed Jul 9 06:27:19 CEST 2003

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 07:12:24PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> writes:
> > 2. Ideally, one should be able to build in both databases and choose the
> > preferred one at run time, either by specifying it at the command line
> > or based on the database filename.
>
> I doubt anyone besides developers and maybe integration testers would
> use that. These groups can have two executables around.

OK. Fine with me. Perhaps we should use program suffixes to distinguish
between the various types then. eg bogofilter-bdb and bogofilter-tdb

Speaking of which, do we really need to build the static binaries in
addition to the dynamic linked versions. Why not build only the static
version if the user specifies --enable-static. Then we can generate
binaries like: bogofilter-bdb-static and bogofilter-tdb-static.
Makes it easier to build rpms too.

In any case, we should create symlinks pointing to the correct binary
which users can twiddle if desired.

> > This would probably require the use of a dynamic link loader (man dlopen)
> That harms portability. dlopen isn't available everywhere, and opens a
> whole can of worms.

I thought of this and decided on a better approach, but since we're only
supporting one database at a time, we can table the whole thing.

-Gyepi