cdb support [was: bogofilter now has tdb support]

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Tue Jul 8 23:19:29 CEST 2003

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 05:53:28PM -0400, Greg Louis wrote:
> I'd just started thinking a few days ago about maybe supporting cdb, at
> least for those of us who don't use -u.  The idea would be to
> accumulate separate spam and nonspam register_me mailboxes, and then
> run a registration tool daily (or every six hours, or whatever) that
> would update the counts, build a new .cdb file and mv it into place
> (I'm using the one-list patch, but pluralize as appropriate).  What do
> you think?

Sure, that's doable. There are a couple of issues to keep in mind:

I would use a perl script to build the
databases, using bogolexer and bogoutil, and just add read-only cdb support
to bogofilter proper.

Rebuilding the databases from scratch may take a long time though,
depending on the message counts and file sizes so it may not be worth
it. Please try it and see if the speed is acceptable.

-Gyepi