bogofilter now has tdb support

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sat Jul 5 23:53:28 CEST 2003

On 20030705 (Sat) at 1601:31 -0400, Gyepi SAM wrote:

> I have added trivial database (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tdb)
> support to bogofilter. The Berkeley DB backend has never truly pleased me,
> and it pleases me less whenever I find my databases corrupted for the nth time.

Sounds interesting.  I'll pull the code and the tdb package and take a
look -- I'm not familiar with tdb at all.

I'd just started thinking a few days ago about maybe supporting cdb, at
least for those of us who don't use -u.  The idea would be to
accumulate separate spam and nonspam register_me mailboxes, and then
run a registration tool daily (or every six hours, or whatever) that
would update the counts, build a new .cdb file and mv it into place
(I'm using the one-list patch, but pluralize as appropriate).  What do
you think?

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |