Marek Kowal marek.kowal at portal.onet.pl
Sat May 10 01:16:53 CEST 2003

> Let's not cater for idiots who are too dumb to use their mailers.

Ouch, that hurt. Well, apparently I have asked for it myself. Through I did
it politely. So in return I have expected an exchange of views, not an
exchange of letters, which should be (assuming the bogofilter was well
trained), just filtered out from the inbox ;-)))

> Even Outlook Express gets _this_ one right, so I fail to see
> the mailer that profits from this Reply-To mutilation.

Easy. If I hit Reply, the letter gets only to you. I do not want it. The
discussion is on the list, so the reply usually goes to the list. So if I
want to reply to the list (and I usually do), I have to press Reply-All, and
edit the addresses manually, removing both myself (Outlook doesn't get it
right, I am affraid), and possibly you, since there is no point in sending
you two copies of the letter - personal one and the one through the list. So
yes, this is all about usefullnes. Nothing more.

But of course I will not convince you. Neither you will convince me, of
course. So probably this is just where this correspondence should end up.
Let Adrian decide himself, I think he knows both sides of the story well by
now. Of course, I can live with the solution you propose and in fact, if I
knew how you would react, I wouldn't even have asked for it. This letter
already took me more time to write than all the time I would have saved in
the future by clicking plain "reply" instead of "reply all" and editing the
list of receipients by hand ;-))

Cheers,
Marek