strspn

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Mar 12 18:10:00 CET 2003

At 11:53 AM 3/12/03, you wrote:

>David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > Clint,
> >
> > I was just mucking around and have a t.strspn test that you can add.
> > It's the usual t.strspn script and a strspn.c code file.
> >
> > Are you interested?  Should I send you a patch, add it to cvs?  Other?
>
>Given that -O0 and -O1 work, but -O2 doesn't, an optimizer bug should be
>reported against Debian's S390 gcc -- and running strspn tests won't
>help much, because in different context (i. e. other function), it less
>likely to fail.

Matthias,

With luck, my 135 line program has sufficient context for the problem to
show itself.  That'd make it somewhat easier for the gcc maintainers.  I
even entertained the idea of building a cross-compiler and debugger to take
a look at what the S390 has, from the comfort of my desktop.

Clint,

Do you want the additional test program?