strspn

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Mar 12 02:05:48 CET 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Do you thing it'd be valuable to create a small program to test strspn()
> as used during config file processing?  It might help isolate the
> problem.

Let's just wait for the -O1 and -O0 results from Clint before we start
investing our time to shoot into the dark. Fixing S390 is not a priority
for me. Everything else just works, and I don't see any obvious code
defects in the relevant part. So it might be a miscompilation of the
S390 libc or of our code through optimization. Nothing urgent IMO. I'd
tend to think that S390 support is rather young in the Linux world, so
the whole S390 stuff needs to settle. Also remember we're having the
stuff built for the bleeding-edge Debian "unstable", which is the
least-tested of the three flavours they offer (the other are testing,
somewhat tested and usually working and stable i. e. outdated and with
serious bugs unfixed -- they only fix security and critical bugs).

If "some days" is too slow for someone, he should offer ssh access. :->