strspn [was: 0.11.1 debian failures]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Mar 11 15:33:48 CET 2003

Matthias,

Good point about len being out of scope when strspn() is called.  I had
overlooked that.

FWIW, I used to support/debug/extend compilers and have experience with
compilers for algol, basic, cobol, and pascal.  Of course that was long ago
(late 60's and early 70's) and none of them did a whole lot of
optimization.  I _do_ believe the state of the art has improved in the
years since then.

Do you thing it'd be valuable to create a small program to test strspn() as
used during config file processing?  It might help isolate the problem.