[bugs]Error in Graham.c line 158

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Feb 10 23:08:28 CET 2003

At 04:57 PM 2/10/03, Matthias Andree wrote:

>Still, we test it. The error message means nothing else than "caught
>buffer overflow attempt" and tells us there is a bug.
>
>It might be one of the infamous "NUL character costs us one byte of our
>buffer" monsters though.

Matthias,

The check was needed in the graham code because the word is copied into the
extrema array which has fixed size slots for storing the words.  With the
new word_t code, the fixed slots are gone and there is no need for the
check.  As as aside, the tokens are all flex outputs and won't have NUL
bytes in them.