NEWS file

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Jan 21 01:53:21 CET 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Sounds like you want a new, different NEWS file that's 80 by 24.  Are
> you suggesting that we rename the current NEWS to CHANGES (as one big
> file) or split NEWS into multiple CHANGES-0.x.y files (with one per
> releasee)?

Hm. I'd think we keep the NEWS file, but copy the 0.10.0 section to a
CHANGES-0.10.0 file, and further summarizes the 0.10.0 section of NEWS.

The idea is letting the user figure at a glance and a half what is new,
no-one except us hackers is going to read detailed stuff unless someone
is to look for his favourite bugfix.