Draft roadmap for future releases

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Jan 16 01:40:37 CET 2003

Hi,

this is a draft of a roadmap for future releases, or milestones (only
listing things to be done)

Milestone 0.10: the MIME release
- consider Gyepi's pending patches
- fix dead locks
- check documentation again, including TODO
- check bug databases at sourceforge
- clean up contrib section, weed out base64 and thereabouts if no
  longer needed

Milestone 0.11: the CHARSET release
- check all the exit() codes and make sure we don't exit without
  synching our data bases, but exit more gracefully. leave DB corruption
  to the cases of crashes.
- character set unification (do we use UTF-8?)
- store some data base properties (unified charset, dates, ...) in the
  db itself

Milestone 0.12: the TRANSACTIONS release
- evaluate if transactional DB support (best implemented as
  datastore_db_txn module) helps avoid database corruption even more
- consider GNU getopt

And change suggestions, additions, objections?