[cvs] bogofilter mime.h,1.1.2.6,1.1.2.7 mime.c,1.1.2.13,1.1.2.14

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Jan 4 01:52:37 CET 2003

relson at users.sourceforge.net writes:

> Add "application/" to mime types recognized.
> Complain when bogofilter is presented with a mime specification it
> doesn't recognize.

What good is that? I think this constitutes a problem, because a mail
can then make bogofilter print something, which might be a robustness or
security issue after some future changes. If bogofilter prints errors
for local issues (DB corruption, file not found, I/O error), that's
fine, but the output should always be independent of the mail contents.

(In fact, some mail processing systems consider a filter command that
prints anything to stderr as failed, no matter what the exit code is.)