libgmime [was Re: lexer, tokens, and content-types]

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Wed Dec 11 13:41:35 CET 2002

On 20021211 (Wed) at 0727:21 -0500, Greg Louis wrote:

> > > we don't need that. test will not be uuencoded because it would be
> > > unreadable for netscape then.
> > >

> > I don't understand why we don't need this but I can't find a single
> > spam that is uuencoded so I'll assume you are right.
>
> I can find nonspams that are uuencoded and they make an awful
> mess in the training database.  I haven't looked for uuencoded spams.

Ironically, I got a nonspam from Gary Robinson with a uuencoded
attachment, and it was classified as spam; there are uuencode droppings
in both my spamlist and my goodlist now, so I must have seen some
uuencoded spam at some point (I don't autotrain).

Whatever the standards say, uuencode is out there:

 --B_3121952318_1802999

 M,#,##8S-R,#,"!N(P,#,#@P-#@R(#,#(&X@"C,#
 M.#$P-S0@,#,# ;B*,#,#3$T,2,#,"!N(P,#,#@Q,C4U
 M(#,#(&X@"G1R86EL97(*/#P*+U-I>F4 at .#8*+U)O;W0 at .#0@,"!2"B])
 D;F9O(#@U(# 4 at H^/@IS=&%R='AR968*.#$S-3*)25%3T8*
 `
 end
 --B_3121952318_1802999--

I don't much care if bogofilter reads it or ignores it, but one of the
two needs to happen IMHO.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s               | gpg or pgp: finger        |
| Consultronics Corporate Manager  |  glouis at consultronics.com |