libgmime installation and build requirements

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Dec 11 03:18:36 CET 2002

Hi,

The libgmime rpm installed on my Mandrake without needing any additional
packages.  "rpm -q -R" tells me that it requires /sbin/ldconfig,
ld-linux.so.2, and libc.so.6.  There is no pkg-config dependency for the
binary rpm.

Building libgmime from the tarball _does_ require pkg-config and
libglib2.0_0-devel-2.0.x.  II had trouble with only glib-devel-1.3.15
installed and an error message that wasn't clear (to me).  The libgmime
team responded quickly and clearly to my query.