libgmime

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Dec 10 20:26:31 CET 2002

Scott Lenser <slenser at cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> Maybe whatever library we decide to use should be optional.  I think a library
> is the right way to go though as I don't see any reason to reinvent the wheel
> here.  If we make the library optional, we could fall back on basically what we
> have now.  This would let people try it and convince themselves that it works
> pretty well which should be enough motivation for them to track down and install
> the library if they get enough spam for it to matter.

Yes, but if you present people a list "you'd need these five
libraries..." then people are going to be scared. We don't want that.

And if it takes much code to interface with that library, we can as well
brew our own code. Particularly so in C++, but with some more work also
in C.

I have a library (actually just two files) to work with and on
self-extending strings and some operations that are needed often that I
can bring into bogofilter. I'd originally written it as part of
leafnode-2, but it's crept into leafnode-1 so far...