lexer, tokens, and content-types

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Dec 8 19:40:09 CET 2002

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> they belong there.  With the addition of a content-type module, we'll
> have a structure better suited for handling mime, base64, uuencode, etc,
> etc.

I've had a very short glance at EPS and while flawfinder and RATS were
rather unspectacular (haven't audited the code though), though I spotted
one bug already:

EPS lacks support for the "binary" transfer encoding as per RFC-2047,
and lists a "raw" transfer encoding that is unlisted on
http://iana.netnod.se/assignments/transfer-encodings, so if at all, it
would have been x-raw. Not sure where they picked that "raw" up. Maybe a
thinko.

Other than that, it uses a nice iterator-style approach to parse the
mail, which may turn out useful, but it eats boundaries.

We'll have to look more closely to figure if EPS is suitable for
bogofilter.

I'm adding eps at inter7.com to the To: header to let them know there's a
bug in content.c.