decoding implementation

Clint Adams schizo at debian.org
Tue Nov 26 03:19:50 CET 2002

> Been there, tried that, failed. 't was also pointless to ask somebody
> else (communications engineer!) to update his VPOP3d on W¡nb£oz$,1tL(B. These
> things make you speechless, but we have to deal with
> that. Somehow. Because you might want to get party invitations from your
> friends, and at some point you must give up trying to talk your friends
> into using a different software, namely when you're putting the
> friendship at stake annoying them.

I'm just saying that the people emailing me are more likely to fix their
mailers to send non-spam tokens instead of ŝpäm tokens if I yell at
them, and it's better for bogofilter to be able to distinguish them.
At least I think that's what I was saying.

Some people I know switched their email to a hosting provider that puts all
kinds of spammy tokens in the headers.  I gave them a non-spam token to
include in their emails to facilitate training.  This didn't prove to be
necessary, as a couple of -rN's did the trick.

I keep seeing people trade procmail recipes to discard all mail with
Asian charset encodings, and I'm glad that bogofilter will happily
discriminate between true spam and legitimate messages in Asian
charsets.