checked CVS code tagged

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Nov 26 00:22:00 CET 2002

Hi,

I believe I fixed all relevant compiler warnings and test failures on
these systems:

Sparc, Solaris 8, gcc 2.95.3, DB-3
Sparc, Solaris 8, Sun Workshop Pro 6, DB-3
i386, SuSE Linux 8.1, gcc 3.2, DB-4
i386, FreeBSD 4-STABLE (4.7), gcc 2.95.4 (FreeBSD ext'sions), DB-4

The known good versions bear the symbolic CVS tag "check-20021125T2315Z"
(this is just more convenient than the date because it shows up in
cvs status -v SOMEFILE).

I came across an interesting sh feature^Wbug on FreeBSD: /bin/sh -c
"unset BLAH ; echo $?" prints 0, but using -ec rather than -c prints
nothing. I. e. the "unset" builtin of FreeBSD's /bin/sh fails
silently. Hard to track; I figured because unset LANG was executed, but
unset LC_ALL not.

I believe this warrants a FreeBSD PR (problem report a. k. a. bug report
to GNATS).