bogofilter config file

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Oct 31 05:18:46 CET 2002

<x-flowed>

At 10:28 PM 10/30/02, Graham Wilson wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 05:25:44PM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> config
> > >(as
> > >
> > >what about as ~/.bogofilter/config?
>[snip]
> > Are you thinking "instead of" or "as alternative to" ?  For my info, do
>
>i meant instead of.
>
> > other products use ~/.product/config?  Which ones? On a scale of 1 to 10
>
>the only one i can think of (which is close) is mutt. it gives you the
>option of putting your rc file in ~/.mutt, making it ~/.mutt/muttrc.
>
> > how important is the location to you?
>
>maybe a 5. it doesnt matter either way; i just figured that since
>bogofilter already put its files there, why not put the config file
>there also.
>
>pi however makes a good point, in saying that the directory might be
>changed in the config file.

Hi Graham,

It would be very easy to have an entry in the system level config file,
i.e. /etc/bogofilter.cf, that names the user file.  Then you could have
~/.bogofilter/config and pi could have ~/.bogofilterrc.  I think having a
"configfile=filepath" option would do the trick.  Want it?

David

</x-flowed>