adding to contrib dir?

Allyn Fratkin allyn at fratkin.com
Sun Oct 27 18:57:52 CET 2002

Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> >does anybody care if i add my quick-hack one-way preprocessor that decodes
> >base64 and quoted-printable text attachments
>
> Only attachments?

it works on messages where the body is encoded also.

> Would be a great thing, undecoded messages are really hard
> to classify and give bogus results.

thanks, my script is working very well for me, but it isn't for everyone,
because it can't be used with -p .

in at least one case it caused a message to be mis-classified that would
actually have been classified correctly without it.  a base64-encoded
message that would have been classified as spam based on the headers
was classified as "not spam" because of more interesting non-spam
words that were decoded in the body.  :-(  but that doesn't happen very
often.

i've commited the files to cvs.  feedback is welcome.
Allyn Fratkin             allyn at fratkin.com
Escondido, CA             http://www.fratkin.com/