Debug Messages [was: various]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Oct 27 05:32:40 CET 2002

At 12:14 AM 10/27/02, you wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 07:02:50PM -0400, David Relson wrote:

> > >-D is still available, and -x is not too uncommon for debugging flags.
> >
> > As indicated earlier today, I have code that will allow verbose
> > printing to be turned on for a section of codee, e.g. GENERAL, LEXER,
> > DATABASE, etc.  I'm awaiting feedback ...
>
>is the debug code always compiled in? it would be nice if the macros
>would evaluate to nothing if the user specified a non-debug build.

Graham,

At present, configure doesn't provide a way to select debug or non-debug
when building.  Builds are currently "debug".

That being said, there _is_ a way.  In Makefile.am, add "-DNODEBUG" to
"CFLAGS" and then build the program.  This will make the program
smaller.  I don't think all the DEBUG controlled code is a significant
amount, so I think the effect will be minimal.