hp-ux support?

Allyn Fratkin allyn at fratkin.com
Sat Oct 19 08:01:16 CEST 2002

> Hello and welcome.  What it takes is, basically, someone with access to
> the equipment and someone with the time and skills to do it.  By "it",
> I'm referring to building the program on the target machine, determining
> what changes are needed to make it go, and then submitting appropriate
> patches.

right, i'm in.  although i probably don't know exactly what i'm getting
myself in for.  but i am building bogofilter for hp-ux 11i anyway as i use
it at work.

there is already one issue that prevents bogofilter from compiiling on
hp-ux, and i filed a bug report, #620477 about it.  briefly, configure
looks for syslog.h, which exists on hp-ux, but then main.c
#includes sys/syslog.h instead, which does not exist on hp-ux.
so configure either needs to look for both, or main.c just needs to
#include syslog.h, which seems to be more universal than sys/syslog.h.

it would be great to get this fix into 0.7.5 or whatever the next
released version will be called.  thanks mucho.
Allyn Fratkin             allyn at fratkin.com
Escondido, CA             http://www.fratkin.com/