Upcoming Code Freeze

Adrian Otto aotto at aotto.com
Tue Sep 17 02:15:59 CEST 2002

Okay...

I'm ready to build a release version today. Please don't update CVS with
anything that's not in the numbered list below until I've released 0.7.4.
I'm planning to do a two stage release. First, I'll release it as a beta
version, that we should all test today. We then wait at least 24 hours after
the beta announcement. When there are no remaining items to fix with the
release, then I'll make a general release with a global announcement. Any
objections?

We need to do these things before release time:

1) Make sure automake's source files are set up in such a way that lexer_l.c
is no longer required. (I'm starting this now)

2) Make sure that the patches to the man page get into bogofilter.xml, and
that a good bogofilter.1 is built and installed as part of the distribution.
(Volunteers check this into CVS during the code freeze and notify me.)

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks,

Adrian