Why would bogofilter use different data file?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Oct 3 23:30:00 CEST 2021

Am 03.10.21 um 16:52 schrieb Maciej Pilichowski:
> Hello,
>
> On Sunday 03 October 2021 12:21:27 Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> as written earlier, the file location bogofilter looks for can be
>> part of the configuration file,
>> so you have not proven (neither here nor in the bug report's new
>> comment) that it's a fault of the executables.
>
> I am mere user, but since both packages "welcome" message use the same
> label it is already something wrong. And secondly, if there is any
> configuration it comes with the package. So I am not saying the
> problem lies in executable per se, but within given package.
>
> Most packages from my old openSUSE setup do not work in the new one,
> but bogofilter is an exception here, it worked and it used the
> correct file. In all those tests all I did was removing and adding
> packages.

well...

1. be sure that the "alternatives" package doesn't cheat upon you and
check with "which" and then trace symlinks to the actual file

2. be sure that you look at each and every configuration file. See my
earlier post...  the configuration file will override the default
database file, as written earlier!