CSS abuse

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Mar 30 04:03:27 CEST 2003

At 08:32 PM 3/29/03, Matthias Andree wrote:

>Hi,
>
>the cascading style sheet stuff that has crept into the FAQ is plain
>ugly. If anybody wishes to use a particular style sheet, he can have his
>browser use it. Enforcing a maximum width of 36em is bogus, causes
>unnecessary line wraps and adds UGLY borders to the screen. I suggest
>that we kill all width specifications, to use the user's screen.
>
>We want to convey content, not markup or formatting. If we were to
>convey formatting, we should use some other media (PDF).

Matthias,

The style sheet was included as part of the revision, reorganization, and
expansion of the FAQ.

It seems fine to me.

Let's see what others think and then we can decide whether to keep the
style sheet or discard it.

There will be a new bogofilter release when a decision is made on how to
handle html comments.