CSS abuse

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Mar 30 03:32:57 CEST 2003

Hi,

the cascading style sheet stuff that has crept into the FAQ is plain
ugly. If anybody wishes to use a particular style sheet, he can have his
browser use it. Enforcing a maximum width of 36em is bogus, causes
unnecessary line wraps and adds UGLY borders to the screen. I suggest
that we kill all width specifications, to use the user's screen.

We want to convey content, not markup or formatting. If we were to
convey formatting, we should use some other media (PDF).

Cheers,