It's getting worse

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Mar 28 19:16:10 CET 2003

At 05:51 AM 3/28/03, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

>Hi!
>
>For several days now I observe that I get more and more spam
>not recognized by bogofilter. Here is something from a
>massage which was in base64 which could not stop bogofilter,
>some "comments" did, though:

pi,

I see the problem.  The message is filled with invalid html tags, like
<!6502> and <!21722>, and bogfilter treats them as spaces.

The results would likely be much improved if bogofilter distinguished
between correct html comments, i.e. "<!--" ... "-->", and bogus html
comments that begin "<!" but don't have the "--".

'Tis an item for the TODO list.