Bogofilter for non-unix users?

David Carmean dlc at halibut.com
Fri Mar 21 22:56:38 CET 2003

Incoming mail to my employer arrives through a pair of sendmail machines.
But probably 95% is then forwarded to our Exchange servers, where almost
all users employ LookOut^W OutLook as their only mail client.

So while bogofilter is easy enough for the unix geeks among us,
I'm trying to identify a way in which it (or other statistical
filter) might be employed such that LookOut users could manage
their Bogofilter word lists.

The problem is that our mail admins are filtering all incoming
mail, using header/body regexps, without telling anyone.  This
is a Bad Thing [tm] for the postmaster of an S&P 500 company.
But I fear I'm going to have to hand him a solution on a plate
to get it fixed.

So anyone with experience using bogofilter or other statistical
filtering in a heterogenous mail environment?

Thanks....