Newbie; multiple categories?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Mar 19 01:50:58 CET 2003

At 07:27 PM 3/18/03, David Carmean wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>new to the list, been playing with Bogofilter for about a week.
>Looked at it a few months ago, but could never get the Judy libraries
>to build on FreeBSD so I've been using ifile since then.
>
>There was some commentary by esr about making some of the code
>adaptible for more than just spam/ham categories.  Is any more
>thought/work being done on that?
>
>I find it amusing to categorize my incoming spam, but it would
>be of actual work-related value to me if I could train bogofilter
>to flag stuff on internal work mailing lists that I really need
>to pay attention to....
>
>Thanks....

David,

Get yourself a new copy of bogofilter!!!  We stopped using the Judy
libraries many months ago - before Thanksgiving.  The current stable
version, bogofilter-0.11.1.3, is available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bogofilter.  It uses the BerkeleyDB system
instead of Judy.

You could train bogofilter to do a work/non-work classification rather than
spam/non-spam.  The process would be the same.