gmane.org [was: Mailing Lists]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Mar 12 19:01:59 CET 2003

At 12:32 PM 3/12/03, Matthias Andree wrote:

> > A searchable archive _would_ be useful.
>
>I just looked at gmane.org to find that there already IS a searchable
>archive with threaded reader that looks particularly nice with Mozilla
>and AntiAliasing:
>
>http://news.gmane.org/?match=bogofilter
>
>They lack the earlier posts, which I'll be feeding to them in a couple
>of minutes.
>
>They also have mail2news gateways and retour (and strong anti-spam
>measures), we'd only need to let them post to the list to enable that
>functionality if we wanted that, so here's my question: do we want to
>let them post to our list? To help your decision: http://gmane.org/post.php
>
>I'll now figure what's missing from their archive and feed them the
>missing posts. That should fix the issues with the missing archives for
>now.

Matthias,

Good deal.  I'll add a link (or links) on SourceForge.

Their policy sounds fine to me.  Go ahead and authorize gmane to post to
bogofilter & bogofilter-dev.

I wish we could get SourceForge's web based discussion groups (bugs,
patches, requests, etc) to automagically appear on our mailing lists.  I'd
like to know all that's happening in and around bogofilter without having
to click on a bunch of web pages.