bogofilter and sendmail

Parker Morse morse at sinauer.com
Tue Mar 11 17:06:11 CET 2003

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 10:06  AM, David Relson wrote:
> Perhaps Arthur was really asking how to configure sendmail to run
> procmail?

I actually went to Nancy's page looking for just that information - how to
tell if procmail is already working with sendmail on your system.
According to her, the sendmail on Red Hat since 4.1 is configured to use
procmail by default. Unless Arthur has fiddled with his settings (he did
say he was using RH 6.2), it's already running. The procmail quick start
covers the process of confirming this at
<http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#steps>.

In the unlikely event that his sendmail is no longer using procmail (or
never was) as LDA, your google search is probably the best way to go. Most
of the general procmail resources assume "your admin" has already set it
up. I have the lines

define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH', `/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl
and
MAILER(`procmail')dnl

in my sendmail.mc, which are probably what makes it work, but it may be
sendmail-version-dependent.