databases

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 02:40:54 CET 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> BerkeleyDB is behaving well at the present time.  Matthias' locking
> changes have fixed the corruption problems and my token sorting fix have
> fixed the speed problem.  The only related issues I'm aware of are
> locking problems with some NFS problems and Clint's segfaults on S390
> during "make check".  I think we're in good shape right now.

Yes, but that doesn't mean we can't become "very good". Anyways, we
can't fix any possible NFS problem, there are simply too many broken NFS
implementations around. I used to see IRIX issues when talking to Linux
2.2, and Linux itself has suffered from a lot of NFS bugs, BSD clients
hardly do client-side locking and so on.

> Some people have expressed interest in postgresql and mysql.  If they
> feel the need/desire to create the necessary interface code,
> i.e. database_mysql.c and database_postgresql.c, I'm willing to include
> the code as configurable options.  Remember that we have a friend with
> configure (autoconf).

Or sqlite (www.sqlite.org), but I haven't seen any of the mentioned data
bases under load.