Poll [was: Architecture Survey]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Mar 6 14:37:00 CET 2003

At 08:02 AM 3/6/03, Chris Wilkes wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 09:46:11AM +0100, Alexander Wasmuth wrote:
> > David Relson wrote:
> >
> > [what architecture?]
> >
> > Linux 2.4.20 i686 (Pentium III 500)
> > Debian 3.0r1 aka woody
> > gcc 2.95.4
> > libdb3 3.2.9-16
> >

> > Hm, anything else?
>
>Didn't think about the gcc or DB version when I mailed
>   David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com>
>directly but that's a good idea.  I would also include:
>   -mail server (aka Qmail, Sendmail, Postfix, etc)
>   -method that you're using to call BF (ie .qmail, procmail)
>   -flags that you're using (ie "-u" "-2")
>   -is BF just for you individually, or company wide?
>   -preferred method of installing BF (ie getting through CVS,
>    FreeBSD ports, RPM, downloading source)
>
>Chris

Chris,

This is getting complicated.  I initially asked the question because I was
curious about what unusual operating systems and architectures bogofilter
_can_ run on and _is_ being used on.  That'd be a fairly simple result that
can be easily reported.

Sounds like there's an opportunity for a more complete poll or
questionnaire.  Can we use SourceForge for hosting it?  Does someone want
to write/create it?