multiple mail servers?

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Wed Sep 25 00:11:41 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 12:31:45PM -0500, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> What's the expected mode of operation for shops with multiple mail servers?
> Obviously we want our mail to still be checked against the same spam
> database.  My understanding is it's not advisable to share file locks over
> NFS, and I don't think with the DB/mm stuff it's even all that possible to
> have an NFS solution.

BerkeleyDB does have an RPC mechanism that allows databases to live on
remote servers. I am less inclined to use that however, since that is limited, *I think*,
to newer versions.

I have a plan for calling bogofilter over the network, but have not implemented
anything. I have not had the need yet. The plan involves bogofilter front and backends,
,a thin protocol layer, and  DJB's ucscpi tools to connect them.

-Gyepi