bogofilter 1.2.5.rc1 (release candidate #1) now available

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Sep 9 22:36:43 CEST 2019

Am 09.09.19 um 20:00 schrieb Steffen Nurpmeso:
> Hallo Matthias.
>
> Matthias Andree wrote in <20190908220921.GA22143 at ryzen.an3e.de>:
>  |bogofilter 1.2.5.rc1 is now available.
>
> Great news!!
> Works with Berkeley DB 5.3.28 and LDMB/20190612.  I get
>
>   cc1: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead

Steffen,

Thanks for trying things out.
I get these notes, too, but I was loathe to touch that area for this
release.

There are some important bug fixes coming up in this release, so I wanted to
avoid deliberate changes that impair portability.  Keeping the static
release up
that was tailed to aeons old Red Hat systems OTOH wasn't viable for me
either.

The idea is to get 1.2.5 out, then if needed, 1.2.6 as bug-fix soon
after, and after that (I guess that will be in 2020),
we can turn to things that need more extensive portability testing, or
raise the bar^Wrequirements for the operating system.

Regards,
Matthias