bogofilter 1.2.5.rc1 (release candidate #1) now available

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Mon Sep 9 20:00:00 CEST 2019

Hallo Matthias.

Matthias Andree wrote in <20190908220921.GA22143 at ryzen.an3e.de>:
 |bogofilter 1.2.5.rc1 is now available.

Great news!!
Works with Berkeley DB 5.3.28 and LDMB/20190612.  I get

  cc1: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead

with

  CC = gcc
  CCDEPMODE = depmode=gcc3
  CFLAGS = -O1 -g  -Wpointer-arith -ggdb -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wnested-externs -fno-common -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wimplicit -Wsequence-point -Wreturn-type -Wno-system-headers -Wformat
  CPP = gcc -E

gcc 8.3.0.  The rest i do not know about, but i though "just
report it".

 |On an inconceivably sad note, David M. Relson, the former #1 bogofilter
 |maintainer and main contributor, suddenly and unexpectedly passed away \
 |in 2013.
 |
 |I thank his family for offering and transferring the bogofilter data,
 |it was David's youngest son Eric who did all the hard work in difficult \
 |times
 |back then.  It was the desire of David's family to continue the bogofilter
 |project as a monument to David.

That i did not know, i am sorry to hear this.  Shall members of
the family read this.  And even though i did not know him, and as
a hobby biker.

 |I have taken over maintenance of bogofilter since and intend to continue
 |to maintain it.  I have made several changes to ease my task, and that

And that is great.  Thank you.

 |encompasses a migration of the source code repository from Subversion to
 |Git, and co-hosting it on Gitlab.com.
 ..

Ciao, Matthias.

--steffen