Hey! Woah! git conversion!!

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri May 24 18:00:34 CEST 2019

Am 23.05.19 um 22:32 schrieb Steffen Nurpmeso:
> Oh, wow.  And sure, i have my clone now!
> --aggressive gc is heavyweight, and tags "introduce heads" which
> enlargens the synchronization list.  At the beginning i wondered

Well, git gc --aggressive takes 22 s user time here, with ¼ s system
time, completes in shy of 3 s (AMD Ryzen 7 running Fedora 30, ample RAM,
SSD), and .git/objects is below 8 MB and contains the entire project
history, discounting conversion losses.

The server-side SVN was some 107 MB, the checkout created a .svn dir shy
of 8 MB, virtually no history (that's kept server-side) - that was for
the trunk, not all branches of the repo included, as you'd get with Git.