merge 2 bogofilter databases

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Oct 5 22:19:35 CEST 2017

Am 01.10.2017 um 11:58 schrieb Christos Chatzaras:
> Is it possible to merge 2 bogofilter databases in 1 database?
>
> For example does this work?
>
> bogoutil -d wordlist.db > wordlist.server1
> bogoutil -d wordlist.db > wordlist.server2
>
> cat wordlist.db.server1 | bogoutil -l wordlist.db.new
> cat wordlist.db.server2 | bogoutil -l wordlist.db.new

Hi Christos,

Mostly - it spoils the .ENCODING token though.

To work around that issue, please make sure the .ENCODING line matches
(that's because I don't oversee without further research what happens if
they are mismatched and if we need iconv in that case -- to check, look
at the .ENCODING line in the bogoutil -d output of each and every file).
You also should then strip it from all but one of the wordlists, as in:

cat wordlist.db.server1 | bogoutil -l wordlist.db.new

grep -v ^\\.ENCODING wordlist.db.server2 | bogoutil -l wordlist.db.new

grep -v ^\\.ENCODING wordlist-3.db | bogoutil -l wordlist.db.new

Note that bogoutil -l sort of cumulates the data, and .ENCODING would
need special treatment that it currently does not get.

See RELEASE.NOTES, section "[Major 0.95.0] Unicode in UTF-8", for
details on this token's purpose.

HTH,
Matthias