Use of Bogofilter under KMail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Oct 19 22:48:01 CEST 2016

Am 18.10.2016 um 13:04 schrieb Maurice:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 01:20:53 +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> So please go figure out what/how KMail is doing with bogofilter,
>
> That's exactly what I've been trying to do. :-)
>
> Kmail adds 4 bogofilter filters:
>
>   1. "Bogofilter check": (pipe through 'bogofilter -p -e')
>   2. "Spam handling":    Matches "X-Bogosity" v. (yes)|(spam\b)
>   3. "Classify as spam":  Executes 'bogofilter -s' and moves into spam
>         [Presumably corresponds to the 'Spam' button in toolbar
>
>   4. "Classify as NOT spam": Executes 'bogofilter -n'
>          [Presumably corresponds to the 'Ham' button in toolbar

Maurice,

that's useful for purposes of this list.

Some further settings for bogofilter are shown below from my system - so
please check if KMail matches case-sensitively or case-insensitively
because the output would be "X-Bogosity: Spam, ..." (i. e. the Spam is
capitalized).

$ bogofilter -Q | egrep ^spam\|^header
spam_cutoff = 0.990000  # (9.90e-01)
spam-header-name  = X-Bogosity
spam-header-place = ''
spam-subject-tag  = ''
spamicity-tags    = Spam, Ham, Unsure
spamicity-formats = %0.6f, %0.6f, %0.6f

All defaults can be viewed with bogofilter -QQC

Also see the FILES section in bogofilter's manpage.

HTH.

Regards,
Matthias