bogo + maildrop

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Jun 23 08:27:10 CEST 2016

Am 22.06.2016 um 14:47 schrieb foudfou:
> I seem to have found a fix: my imapfetch conf was calling `maildrop -V1 /home/my/.mailfilters/conf`. Removing the -V option seems to have solved the issue. Not sure why this was problematic though, because debugging ouput actually goes to stderr...
>
> Before finding that out, I modified my script imapfetch to spawn maildrop processes through a shell, which also seemed to solve the issue.

Salut Foudfou,

Glad you've got it solved and shared the findings with the list.

Now... you wrote that imapfetch is a custom node.js script - and that's
where I have difficulties explaining the differences between shell or
non-shell invocation; I still suspect stderr redirection matters and
differs between the mechanism you're using.

The -V option to /maildrop/ generates debug info as maildrop parses your
~/.mailfilter file, so that can explain how bogofilter internal names
find their way into the input.

Is the script, or the parts that invoke maildrop, up somewhere on the
web to see?  How exactly have you been executing maildrop without a
shell, and then again with a shell?

Cheers,
Matthias