bogo + maildrop

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jul 4 08:28:53 CEST 2016

Am 23.06.2016 um 18:34 schrieb foudfou:
> Hallo Matthias!
>
> Thanks for your kind interest!
>
>> Is the script, or the parts that invoke maildrop, up somewhere on the
>> web to see?  How exactly have you been executing maildrop without a
>> shell, and then again with a shell?
>
> Here's the part where the maildrop process is executed:
>
> https://github.com/foudfou/imapfetch/blob/master/index.js#L56
>
> and the corresponding nodejs documentation:
>
> https://nodejs.org/api/child_process.html#child_process_child_process_spawn_command_args_options
>
> Here is how to call maildrop through a shell:

Thanks.  I can't figure out why that would make a difference.  It may
have to do with node.js internals.  I'll just see this as a phenomenon
that we can't explain.  I am using the a sufficiently similar

	xfilter "bogofilter -e -p -l"

in my .mailfilter (but am running it with -d $USER).

>          var mda = child.spawn(config.mda.cmd, config.mda.args,
> -                              {stdio: ['pipe', 1, 2]});
> +                              {stdio: ['pipe', 1, 2], shell: true});

> There is an example of piping streams with node-imap on the README (search for 'pipe') on https://github.com/mscdex/node-imap.
> maildrop is used in so called "manual" mode. I don't think from the man that I should use the -m "embedded" mode or the "-d" delivery mode.

Delivery mode should be ok.  It's always permitted for yourself, and
implied if you don't specify a .mailfilter file.

Cheers,
Matthias