maildrop + bogofilter: error writing to filter

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Sun Jun 16 00:33:25 CEST 2013

* Andreas Schamanek on Saturday, June 15, 2013 at 23:19:51 +0200
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2013, at 18:18, Christian Ebert wrote:
>> I'm starting to think that this is not a pipe problem - procmail has
>> no trouble with the same message - but, something with temp files.
>> Seems almost likely, as this problem appeared after an OS upgrade.
>
> Can you create an strace? At least for the bogofilter this should be
> possible. For the xfilter it's probably going to be a large log :/
>
> BTW, maybe easier: Have we seen the stderr of bogofilter? The text you
> quoted was just xfilter's stderr, I guess. Maybe you could try to
> capture the one of bogofilter with 2>xfilterbogofilter.log?

xbogofilter.log is empty. It is created though.

(gdb) run < testbogomsg
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/maildrop < testbogomsg
Reading symbols for shared libraries +++++.................................. done
maildrop: error writing to filter.
/usr/local/bin/maildrop: Unable to filter message.

Program received signal SIGHUP, Hangup.
0x00007fff8ec75d46 in __kill ()

--
theatre - books - texts - movies