Migrating from SpamAssassin to Bogofilter

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Jun 5 23:53:32 CEST 2013

Am 05.06.2013 22:56, schrieb Kip Warner:

> Right now I'm using Bogofilter under Evolution. Although I've already
> cleared out my spam since switching over, I wonder if I could at least
> train it with non-spam, ham - or whatever the bogofilter nomenclature
> would have it?

(Note that I know Evolution's bogofilter integration only very lightly.)

You require both so that bogofilter learns which tokens are relevant,
and which are indicative of spam, and which are indicative of ham.  But
training as ham, and then marking the spam of it as spam should help.

If there is either no spam or no ham in the database, bogofilter will
not function properly due to its strong three-state "ham/unsure/spam"
approach.

HTH