DB got scrashed

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Mar 19 19:53:31 CET 2011

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 14:11:18 -0300
Martín Marqués wrote:

> I'm having again problems with bogofilter DB.
>
> For some reason I can't get more spam and ham definitions in the DB.
> Also I can't get a dump from the DB:
>
> ~/.bogofilter$ alias spam
> alias spam='/usr/bin/bogofilter -sN < ~/mail/newspam && >
> ~/mail/newspam' ~/.bogofilter$ spam
> PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
> PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
> bogofilter[20101]: DB_ENV->open, err: -30974, DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
> error, run database recovery
> To recover, run: bogoutil -v --db-recover "/home/martin/.bogofilter"
> ~/.bogofilter$ bogoutil -v --db-recover "/home/martin/.bogofilter"
> PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
> ~/.bogofilter$ db4.8_dump -r ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db >
> ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.saved

Hello Martin,

Have you tried bogoutil's --db-recover-harder option?  Look at the
on-line help and the man page for bogoutil on how to use the option.

If your wordlist is totally hosed this may not work.  In that case
you'll have to delete your wordlist and start training anew.

As a defensive practice, I periodically run bogoutil to dump my
wordlist to a text file.  If something goes wrong I have a record of
the wordlist's contents and can recover easily.

Hope this helps,

Regards,