How to troubleshoot new installation

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 7 10:20:03 CEST 2011

Hi Bogofilterers,

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, at 23:13, David Relson wrote:

> Bogofilter can be tested from the command line quite easily.  Your
> postfix setup runs bogofilter using command:
>
>  /usr/local/bin/bogofilter -u -e -p -l -d /home/admin/.bogofilter

Thanks for giving me a chance to add my 2c :)

Additionally, I recommend to clarify in which context the scripts are
running. As we are talking procmail here one might add

  LOG=`id`

to the procmailrc. This runs the command _id_ and appends the output
to the procmail logfile. It shows the current user and the groups it
belongs to.

Say, the script is run as user postfix, then one might want to test
bogofilter with something like

  su postfix --shell /bin/sh -c "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -u (...)"

HTH,

--
-- Andreas