Cannot download Berkeley database

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Jul 20 13:26:35 CEST 2010

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 02:19:26 -0700 (PDT)
caroline mukumbareza wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I am trying to download Berkeley 5.0 database for the toolkit but, i
> am finding it very difficult. I was installing bogofilter so when i
> was running ./configure, it stopped and asked me to install a berkely
> database package. How best can i do it
>

> Thank you in advance

Caroline,

A google search will find BerkeleyDB source code for you and that
should provide the information you need to build it.

If recollection serves, you're using windows and cygwin. If that's
correct, try running cygwin's setup.exe to download the bogofilter
binary executable. setup.exe should handle dependencies, e.g.
BerkeleyDB.  If not, you may have to tell setup.exe that you want
BerkeleyDB.

If you're not using windows, what OS are you using?

HTH,