Integrating bogofilter with postfix - 554 5.4.6 Too many hops

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Sep 30 08:21:08 CEST 2009

Am 30.09.2009, 05:01 Uhr, schrieb <michel at casa.co.cu>:

> Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> escribió:
>
>> Ho, first time I see the Cuban Internet domain. Welcome!
>>
>> Am 28.09.2009, 23:54 Uhr, schrieb Michel Bulgado <michel at casa.co.cu>:
>>
>>> I'm using CentOS 5.3 with postfix-2.3.3-2.1, my users are virtual, they
>>> are in the active directory in windows.
>>>
>>> When I send a message, my server must deliver the message to an
>>> external
>>> server, said earlier in the table of transport, following testing of
>>> the
>>> filter in the master.cf file the messages stop being delivered to the
>>> external server and the message fall into a cycle.
>>>
>>> I created the user under which the filter will work, given execution
>>> permissions to the script and the owner of it.
>>>
>>> The question is because the script is used to deliver these messages
>>> sendmail, postfix why not?
>>
>> I do not understand your question.
>>
>> I think the problem is that sendmail gets involved. As a consequence,
>> Postfix does not know that it has already filtered the message,
>> sendmail injects into Postfix, and Postfix believes it's an external
>> message and filters it again.
>>
>> Please check that, inside /home/bogofilter/postfix-filter.sh, the
>> "sendmail" command is used with a path to POSTFIX's sendmail command.
>>
>> You may need to deinstall the sendmail RPM from CentOS, and after that
>> re-install the Postfix RPM. However I do not know what you need to
>> change about MailScanner, I've never used it, and I do not know how
>> CentOS 5 sendmail and postfix packages are laid out and set up.
>>

>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> --Matthias Andree
>>

> Hi Matthias
>

> thanks for the warm welcome.
>
> Maybe I am not well-formulated question, maybe my English was a bit poor.

Are there people on the list who speak Spanish reasonably well and/or know
MailScanner and/or CentOS 5.3 better than I do so that they can help?

> I went to the script, and I've seen that use sendmail to deliver
> messages.
>
> Why not use postfix instead of sendmail?

Because Postfix, too, installs a "sendmail" program.

Please do:

1. run "postconf sendmail_path", this will print something like
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
or sendmail_path = /usr/lib/sendmail

Note the right hand side of the output

2. run "rpm -Vf /usr/sbin/sendmail", but use instead what the postconf
command has printed

3. run "rpm -qf /usr/sbin/sendmail".

4. If necessary, please change the filter script to use the same(!)
sendmail command as your postconf printed in step 1.

I guess that you may need to (a) remove sendmail and (b) reconfigure
MailScanner to use Postfix.

> I write to the list of postfix and MailScanner respond that I can be the
> cause of my problem by making the message into a cycle.

Yes. That is obvious. We must first find out why, and then correct that.

> and in turn refer them to the list of you to see a solution to the
> problem, as this gives me a faster change of MailScanner to Amavis.
>
> What do I do?

http://www.mailscanner.info/ubuntu.html suggests that MailScanner can be
configured to use Postfix. Can you show your MailScanner.conf file?
(remove passwords, if any are there in the file).

HTH