Integrating bogofilter with postfix - 554 5.4.6 Too many hops

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Sep 29 17:34:40 CEST 2009

Ho, first time I see the Cuban Internet domain. Welcome!

Am 28.09.2009, 23:54 Uhr, schrieb Michel Bulgado <michel at casa.co.cu>:

> I'm using CentOS 5.3 with postfix-2.3.3-2.1, my users are virtual, they
> are in the active directory in windows.
>
> When I send a message, my server must deliver the message to an external
> server, said earlier in the table of transport, following testing of the
> filter in the master.cf file the messages stop being delivered to the
> external server and the message fall into a cycle.
>
> I created the user under which the filter will work, given execution
> permissions to the script and the owner of it.
>
> The question is because the script is used to deliver these messages
> sendmail, postfix why not?

I do not understand your question.

I think the problem is that sendmail gets involved. As a consequence,
Postfix does not know that it has already filtered the message, sendmail
injects into Postfix, and Postfix believes it's an external message and
filters it again.

Please check that, inside /home/bogofilter/postfix-filter.sh, the
"sendmail" command is used with a path to POSTFIX's sendmail command.

You may need to deinstall the sendmail RPM from CentOS, and after that
re-install the Postfix RPM. However I do not know what you need to change
about MailScanner, I've never used it, and I do not know how CentOS 5
sendmail and postfix packages are laid out and set up.

Hope that helps.

Best regards