Parsing of certain MIME messages, e.g. Vonage

Matt Garretson mattg at assembly.state.ny.us
Thu Oct 15 17:18:33 CEST 2009

David Relson wrote:
>> Agreed. The boundary string is odd since RFC 2046 specifies what's
>> correct and the "}" is not.

Hi, David. Thanks for your replies. Yeah, I figured something
out-of-spec in the message was causing the problem.

Anyway, as you suggested, manually removing the curly braces
from the test message allowed the stock bogolexer to find the
MIME parts okay. Additionally, your patch to exer_v3.l seems
to make bogofilter accepting of the curlies. I will run with
the patch for a while and see how it goes.

Of course, it would be nice if the big mail senders could try
to generate RFC-compliant messages. For what it's worth, I'll
try to let Vonage know they are sending out bogus email.

Thanks!

BTW, as a side note... thumbs down to Adobe for making a
product called "Flex", when there was already a very well-
established project with the same name. Makes it annoying
to search for info on the lexical analyzer.  :-P

-Matt