Bogofilter with Sieve as MDA (was: Messages marked as spam - Actions?)

Michel Bulgado michel at casa.co.cu
Thu Oct 8 22:04:46 CEST 2009

> Can you put your (suitably anonymised, if necessary) Sieve configuration
> online somewhere for our reference?

Hi List , Ben

Excuse the delay, was working with dovecot even until today, to move
messages from my users to a folder named Spam.

That's why I write now, leaving them available to you my configuration
and some steps.

I work with Centos 5.3, and dovecot 1.1.18 currently use for this
version of dovecot the version of sieve recommended to install 1.1.7
because version 1.1.6 has some bugs.

I download the binary from the official site and create my own rpm, the
rpm on the site that are available are from the previous version.

to move messages using sieve we configure postfix in my case, as
transport agent "deliver" which comes in the installation of dovecot.

then configure dovecot:

protocol lda {
mail_plugins = cmusieve
}

Plugin {
   sieve_global_path = /etc/dovecot/sieve/global-spam.script
   sieve_global_dir = /etc/dovecot/sieve
   sieve = /var/sieve-scripts/% u.sieve
}

in global-spam.script will the script to all users. a very important
step is to compile the script but we do not have problems running, the
administrator must manually pre-compile scripts using the global sievec
command line tool.

This is necessary for scripts listed in the sieve_global_path setting.

Example:
# sievec /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/global/

For CMU Sieve, the binary is stored by appending "C" letter after the
script name (global-spam.scriptc)

in sieve scripts can define other more personal, directed to a
particular user.

I chose to use dovecot because it was installed and configured as a
server using POP3 and IMAP and deliver.

I hope this small contribution will be useful for those who wish to use
sieve.

For more information:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/CMU