Minimum usable counts [was: Question]

Stephen Davies scldad at sdc.com.au
Tue May 26 02:17:27 CEST 2009

The email in question (and many other spams) is quoted-printable.

I am tied up on a client site today but will try this patch tonight.

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen

On Tuesday 26 May 2009 09:09:59 David Relson wrote:
> On Mon, 25 May 2009 23:39:14 +0200 (CEST)
>
> Pavel Kankovsky wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 May 2009, Stephen Davies wrote:
> > > The actual texts were:
> > >
> > > h=<CR><LF>ere
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > h=<LF>ere
> > >
> > > The first case is the raw text received by sendmail, amavis-milter
> > > and amavisd.
> > >
> > > The second is the text presented by kmail.
> >
> > What was the transfer encoding of (that part of) the message? Was is
> > quoted printable?
> >
> > qp_decode() seems to recognize only "=\n" as a QP line continuation
> > and this makes it choke on raw RFC 822/2822 message texts with lines
> > terminated by CRLF pair.
>
> H'lo Pavel,
>
> Thanks for taking a look at the code.  I think you spotted the
> problem.
>
> Attached is a patch for src/qp.c so that qp_decode calls qp_eol_check -
> a new function that checks for both "=\n" and "=\r\n".
>
> Stephen:
>
> Give it a test.
>
> Regards,
>
> David

Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                             Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Fax  : 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                            Mobile:040 304 0583
                                          VoIP:sip:1132210 at sip1.bbpglobal.com